26 October 2007

Trip to Vermont

We just got back from a lovely trip to Vermont. We needed a little break from NYC. I never really think of myself as stressed out, but after a day in the country, I realize the difference between what I call "relaxed" at home and what relaxed really feels like. After two days in vt, I felt not only relaxed but also really awake.

I also wanted to go there because I wanted to go to the cute little yarn store in Woodstock, the Whippletree, and get some more of these:



The further we drove north, the more autumn-like it became. It was still very warm (79 deg one day!), but the trees are turning. By the time we arrived, we found ourselves amidst hills mottled in rust orange, various vibrant reds, warm browns and greens. This picture really doesn't do it justice at all.



Which all made me want yarn the colors of autumn foliage. This is what I found:



I finally got invited to Ravelry, so I know what I will be doing this rainy afternoon.

No comments: