12 November 2009

Out of Practice

Well, we've moved. It's not love at first sight; we'll have to get comfortable in this flat and this neighbourhood, and that takes time. It's taken up a lot of time and energy. Not quite so central as before, but we have more space (I can be in one room and have no idea in which other room R is), and we have a garden. We hung up a bird feeder, and we already have little birds coming by, which is lovely. So far, a robin and some blue tits. I also got a composter, which I'm very excited about.

In knitting news, I have mostly been knitting scarves and also some wrist warmers.





I knit some of these wrist warmers for my yoga teacher as well.

I'm now trying to decide on my next big project, and am thinking about this. But, it means buying wool as I don't have any chunky yarn, or not enough for a jumper anyway. And, what with the move, I am a bit on the skint side.

I'm feeling very out of practice blogging.

6 comments:

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Love the wrist warmers! I hope you make some wonderful new friends in your new neighborhood :)

The Gadabouts said...

You're no longer a Hoxtonite? Good luck in the new place x

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! these wrist warmers are wonderful! I love the wood button!!They are so country and cool!

Anna said...

Hope you settle in to your new place! Cute knitting too...

The Big Burbs said...

Judging from your beautiful scarf pic--- your spacious new flat looks to have lots of lovely light coming in. And hooray, Jas! you've gotten your garden!

Your wristwarmers look very familiar... are they Belle's? Just beautiful.

juicyknits said...

I love the scarf - what yarn is it? The colourway is amazing.