22 March 2009

Kew Gardens



I've been feeling singularly unemployed this past week. Mind you, I'm not actually less employed, it's just the nature of being freelance - sometimes I have busy weeks, sometimes I don't. This week of unemployment lined up rather nicely with a beautiful week weather-wise. I've been running three times this past week, and out for a long walk somewhere lovely every single day.

We went to Kew Gardens on Wednesday, and it was quite empty and quiet and absolutely beautiful.








We sat by the Thames for a while, and I think we almost got sunburned.





I was going to show you a movie of yeast proofing, but this movie is much better...



My sister-in-law gave me this book for my birthday, and so I'm starting this little top. No photos yet, but soon.

5 comments:

Marieke said...

SO ready for spring! but it's still cold here in ny. The flowers look so beautiful.

The Big Burbs said...

Oh, the sound of the water and the sight of those "living jewels." Thank you for the sensory treat.

Your sister-in-law has good taste in gifts. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished blouse. :)

Anonymous said...

Spring has only just arrived, but I'm ready for summer to be here!

That book looks really cute... can't wait to see your project.

At Home Mommy Knits said...

I've been eyeing that knit book for awhile....are you going to do a book review post? Would love to hear what you think about it!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
It is a relaxing thing to go around in the spring nature! :-)

Beatiful pics!