27 March 2010

The garden




I haven't written in a long time. Partially haven't had the time, partially haven't had the desire. 

We've been spending a lot of time in our garden. I've planted lots of seeds. Aren't my beet seedlings pretty? And those are some broad beans in front of the beets. I had the beans outside, but the stupid squirrels kept digging them up, so I've started them indoors instead.



Some more photos of the garden. It keeps promising to begin to spring into life, but hasn't quite done it yet.


With some exceptions:




It was my birthday a few weeks ago, and we went to Kew Gardens.






And it got even more perfect when I got this present from my sister:


I'm thinking of making one (or both) of these things.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Welcome back! Great photos. I am off to Kew Soon....I don't go as often as I would like to.

The Big Burbs said...

Stupid squirrels, what a bother. Another gardener/blogger I follow suggests staking little wind chimes into your pots to deter the pesky critters.
I LOVE your garden, Jasmine--- the hardscapes, pebble path, fencing, vines and all the beauties that you've planted. Such a lovely retreat you've created.
Pretty sweater and vest too!

Lien said...

I love Kew. The Limey and I got annual tickets when we were living in Surrey, and haven't bothered to cancel, so it "forces" us to go down there a few times a year, still.