04 October 2010

FO - Beau

I finally finished Beau

R said something like, "well, now you can use these measurements for the next jumper you make me." I think that means success.  





After re-knitting with the number of stitches called for by the pattern, I knit in the round, up to the base of the sleeve. Then I knit up the sleeves, and attached them so I could keep knitting in the round, because I am terrible at sewing sleeves in and it would have looked messy and horrible. I used a raglan decrease where the pattern asked to bind off stitches; therefore I decrease more on the sleeve side than the body. I used kitchener stitch to join the front and back at the shoulder.

I had made the body too short, so I had to undo it from the bottom, and while I was there, I did a few short rows on the back. Now it seems to be just right!

Now I think I'm going to make a clapotis for myself - I've made a few, but always for other people.

6 comments:

Ghislaine said...

That sweater has a very good fitting! And interesting how you joined the sleeves. Good job! Congratulations.

travelknitter said...

That's a definite success!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

Wow that turned out perfect! I am hoping to make my husband a sweater this fall (a first for him). Hopefully mine will turn out as beautifully as yours did.

Siga said...

It fits really nicely. I love the fact that you combined two strands of yarn.

Anonymous said...

Nice work. The sweater looks great on Roger!
Mildred

queenie said...

Yes, I'd count that as success in a big way! Well done.

My beau won't let me post any pictures of him, let alone model anything I've knitted for him. . . .