11 February 2008

First knitting store sighting

We were down in Brighton visiting my sister-in-law, and we went to the Saturday market in nearby Shoreham. As I blithely walked along, all of a sudden, there it was...



There were shelves and shelves full of Rowan yarns. I only had £5 on me, so I only would have been able to buy one skein of something, something like a lovely burnt orange tweed - so I just bought some pins to block my pinwheel cape.

In Shoreham bay, there were all these crazy houseboats, and lots of gigantic cats.





Sunset in Brighton:


In my neighborhood, walking from my flat towards Old Street:


At a café, Brick Lane. It's hard to see in this shot, but the lamps all have paper cups attached to them.


Other knitting news: in a happy coincidence, I went up to London Fields yesterday, and found yet another knitting shop (though it was closed for a knitting lesson), Fabrications, and peering in the window, I recognized the woman because she had been in my yoga class last Wednesday! Isn't that funny?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're having a good time in London. Your flat sure looks nice. I'll have to look at a map to figure our where all these neighborhoods are! --TK